Tuesday 31 March 2020

Getting started...

Hi Room 1 Parents, 

Thank you so much for your support as we work to keep learning moving forward.  I hope that you have had a great spring break with your family as unusual as it may have been.  It would never have occurred to me that a staycation in my own house could be so exciting!  I was able to spend some extra time with my husband and kids, cooking, playing games, puzzling, reading as well as going for extra-long walks with my dog. This is a strange and stressful time for both adults and children so as we move forward with learning please remember that your family’s health, both physical and mental, are most important and our school community is here to support you. Do not hesitate to reach out to me or Mrs. Polski if your family needs anything.  

Moving forward our learning plans will be posted on our blog each Friday, with the assignments for the following week. We hope that by providing this on Friday you will be able to work with your child to make a schedule for the upcoming week that works for you. As we get going we will be working to touch base with each student during the week and can also be contacted via email if you have questions, want to share anything with me, or need more suggestions for additional skills practice or activities.  

This week, please work together with your child to send me an email (Dlhamby@cbe.ab.ca). In the email please let me know the following things: 
a.     How are things going? What have you been up to?  
b.     What is your family plan for learning-from-home? When do you think you will do your schoolwork? What challenges do you anticipate you might encounter with learning from home?  
c.     What technology can you use for school (eg. Computer, laptop, iPad, tablet etc.)? Do you have access to the internet? Is your only option a paper-based learning package? 
d.     Do you have access to a printer? 
e.     Are you able to log-in to your Google account? You will use your email address ending in @educbe.ca and your school password (just like logging-in to the chrome books at school).  

Please also continue reading in Raz-kids and practicing your math skills in Mathletics.  

I miss you all and I am excited to start learning together again, even if it is remotely. Take care of yourself and your family.  

Mrs. Hamby 



No comments:

Post a Comment